DevJournal 2 July 2018
Monday 2 July 2018
We start a new week. It is freezing in South Africa. Need to work on getting money this week. Options are freelancing sites. Will work on my agency site today. Give me a chance to flesh out my resume too.
- Write a blog post for today.
- Need to check out webargs for http queries.
- Swagger resource for my API *flask-apispec
- Actual APISpec - apispec
- Reactive programming
- Do you need a store?
- Components share data (that changes)
- Angular tools
- Traefik - reverse proxy and load balancer
- Working on my agency site
- Upgrade foundation-sites -
npm install email@example.com
- Easier than trying to build the actual full site. Too much work.
- Combine webpack with gulp - Combine Webpack with gulp
- Webpack with browser-sync. Not using gulp for sass files.
- Apparently everything I did today - Zurb Template Gulp
- Added hot module reloading to my site.
- Actual overview of how it all comes together -
- Done playing with webpack and gulp. Need to work on the nziswano web site.
- Upgrade foundation-sites -
Wednesday 3 July 2018
- Have a meeting with Sean tonight at 7:00pm. Going to take about an hour to get there.
- Need to get up just a basic site for nziswano.
- Contact Us
- About Us
- Welcome back to gulp. Using gulp with webpack to build a static site.
- Look into using this with wineries of the sierra foothills - https://maptalks.org
- Scroll behaviour - https://github.com/russellgoldenberg/scrollama
- Data for layouts - http://www.lists.design
- CSS3 code generators - https://www.sitepoint.com/10-best-css3-code-generators/
- Talking about race in South Africa is a convenient excuse for the current administration not to admit that they failed the majority of the people. Race and the land issue are smoke screens for real problems. Real issue is the inequality. No once cares about race when money is involved. Richest people in the world are not white.
- Have the basics of my content put together. Ready to create a layout for my site now.
- Mockaroo data generator
- Lightweight CSS Frameworks
- UI Goodies
- Got the basic site done. Now need to format and commit. Can't work on it tomorrow because I need to work on lookfindme.
- Use email form from my website
- Setup twitter account for nziswano.
- More information about headless wordpress, analytics, microsites.
- Basic site layout completed. Using foundation css.
Wednesday 4 July 2018
Thursday 5 July 2018
- Looking into h5p.org project to do an event system for their LRS system.
- LRS System
- h5p XAPI for WordPress
- XAPI data
- Cool. Need to look into h5p for learning management and tracking. Looks like a really interesting project. Wonder how easy it is to integrate into your own system.
- Start and stop mysql-server - MySQL Server
- Create link to my content on my site.
- Access Database Access
- Headless CMS Service - Another headless CMS service.
- built.io - Mashups are back!!!
- Electronic Learning Management System
- FortAwesome - Need to set the $fa-font-path Variable. Needs to point to fortawesome node_modules' fonts folder.
- If I'm going to use web fonts, use them with webpack.
- CSS is frustrating. Got flex to work. Eliminate in between divs.
Friday 6 July 2018
- Trying to finish up my agency website. Not being able to visualise a design is frustrating.
- Got the basic outline created.
Saturday 7 July 2018
- Started Diketso's site started. Using gulp and panini.
Sunday 7 July 2018
- Learn how to use Gulp.