Skip to content
Deciding on a framework for mobile development
- Rapid development.
- Trying to get a quick prototype up and running to test out the feasability of the project
- Web initially
- Create the equivalent of a mobile web site that can be packaged as a native app later. Can be a combination of both web and native.
- IOS first
- Focused on developing an IOS app. Will port to Android. Maybe to Windows based on the framework.
- Web framework
- Apache Cordova - underlying tool for the hybrid platform.
- Ionic - Angular and typescript. Has an infrastructure around it. Can generate components with command line.
- Framework7 - Seems to have a variety of templates.
- OnsenUI - just not enough for me to bite.
- Starting with Framework7 template tool. See how far we can get. Goal is to create a web site that will suffice as a prototype for mobile site.
- Not going to use Framework7. Uses less for css.
- Going to try and use ionic framework.
Progressive Web Apps