Currently using Birt for generating reports and invoices for the child center.
- Download Birt report designer
- Create report using designer.
- Connect to database using jdbc connector
- Built-in report generator - create PDF versions of report.
- Seems to have more moving parts.
- Comes with a server component.
- Has an open source server.
Currently using Birt to generate invoices.
- All data in postgres DB
- Connect to postgres DB via jdbc
- One view and sql queries to populate the reports
- Seems to work okay now.
- Mobile view of reports. Web based mobile.
- Generate reports on demand. Always most relevant data
- Generate invoices that will be sent via email.
- Enable reports for printing. Hardcopies are always nice.
- Want to spend time desigining the report but only have to do it once. Easier with a graphic editor than trying to mangle XML, JSON, etc.
- Want to chart.
Issue with Eclipse (starting up report server)
- Eclipse Wiki
- Fix issue to set explicit JVM for Eclipse.